Whether you're writing your first word or you're a first-time fiction author, Better Critiquing for Better Writing is the book that shows you how to implement one of the best-kept secrets to writing.
Inside this ACTIONABLE guide you'll discover how to:
- Rapidly improve your fiction writing with the power of short critiques
- Harness the mechanics of critique to receive powerful writing feedback
- Find the right critiquing partner or group for you
- Give valuable feedback and have other writers and authors love you
- Find the best critique websites online - this book tells you what they are
- Take a bad critique and use it to improve as a writer
- Those who are writing fiction and want to leverage critiquing to elevate their writing skills quickly
- New writers who want better writing skills and critiquing experiences
- People who are writing a novel, novella or short story and want to know what to expect when getting feedback
- New writers who want to join a critiquing group
- Writers and authors who benefit from visual examples of what 'to do' and 'not to do' when identifying story structure flaws
- Writers who feel that their critiquing group is not as helpful as they expected. This book will show you why.
This was her reason for publishing Better Critiquing for Better Writing, and creating BetterScribe.com a business that helps writers with training, editing and other pre-publication services.
Kelly has a Masters in Writing and is a member of the Society of Editors (Queensland) Inc. She has been involved with numerous critiquing groups and was a slush reader for Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine.